Review - Clinique Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation and Concealer
Since I moved to Canada, acne started to driving me crazy. One by one it start to grow even more and leave me with scars. When that flawless skin still being my friend, I rarely wear heavy makeup. Just loose powder and lipstick. But then, I started to looking for a full-coverage foundation that could hide the imperfections and make my skin looks perfect again. I chose Clinique Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation and Concealer.
I honestly like trying new beauty product but my skin doesn't say so. I used to buy tons of drug store foundations and I think all of them did a good job when there is no scar on my skin. Now we are in a different situation. I need full-coverage foundation. I would rather not wearing any makeup than wearing light coverage foundation that doesn't even cover my tiny spot. Before I started using Clinique Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation and Concealer, I was using Born This Way foundation by Too Faced. That was the first time I was trying non drugstore foundation and it's AMAZING. I will talk about it in the next post.
The different between Born This Way and this foundation is the coverage. I honestly satisfied enough with the medium coverage from Born This Way but still, I like to try new stuff. In my opinion, even this Clinique formula is full-coverage, it doesn't feel heavy at all. The texture is nicely lightweight. It's not really creamy but you still need to blend it properly when you are applying it to your skin (I recommend to apply it with your hand instead with sponge / brush).
It hides my scars properly but you still need to apply one more layer to cover the dark spots. I found it little bit tricky to find the perfect shade for your skin. I returned it twice before I found the perfect shade. Now I am using Golden shade for my warm-medium tone skin.
- Full-coverage foundation with lightweight formula
- Covers your acne scars perfectly
- Doesn't flake your skin even you have dry skin
- Matte finish
- Fragile packaging that could easily break when you drop it on the floor (I dropped it several times but thank God I have carpets).
- The sponge applicator. I personally prefer Born This Way packaging because you don't need to have a contact with the foundation. With this applicator, it is necessary to contact the sponge applicator to the skin and the bacteria would probably stay or transfer from your skin to the applicator.
- Finding the perfect shade could be tricky so I would recommend to check your shade at www.findation.com before make a purchased.